Support consists of (a) Error Correction provided to a single consistent technical support contact concerning the use of the Service, (b) E-mail Support, (c) Online Support and (d) Product updates that Sumo Logic in its discretion makes generally available to its Support customers without additional charge.
2. ERROR PRIORITY LEVELS.
Customer shall report all Errors to Sumo Logic via web, e-mail or phone using the following information:
Sumo Logic shall exercise commercially reasonable efforts to correct any Error reported by Customer in accordance with the priority level reasonably assigned to such Error by Sumo Logic.
- Priority 1 Errors - Sumo Logic shall (i) provide an Initial Response within two business hours (ii) initiate Management Escalation immediately; (iii) provide Customer with a Status Update if Sumo Logic cannot resolve the Error within one hour.
- Priority 2 Errors - Sumo Logic shall (i) provide an Initial Response within four business hours (ii) initiate Management Escalation within twenty-four hours; (iii) provide Customer with a Status Update within twelve business hours.
- Priority 3 Errors - Sumo Logic shall (i) provide an Initial Response within twelve business hours (ii) initiate Management Escalation within three business days (iii) provide Customer with a Status Update within twenty-four hours.
- Priority 4 Errors - Sumo Logic shall (i) provide an Initial Response within twenty-four business hours.
If Sumo Logic believes that a problem reported by Customer may not be due to an Error in the Service, Sumo Logic will so notify Customer. At that time, Customer may (1) instruct Sumo Logic to proceed with problem determination at its possible expense as set forth below, or (2) instruct Sumo Logic that Customer does not wish the problem pursued at its possible expense. If Customer requests that Sumo Logic proceed with problem determination at its possible expense and Sumo Logic determines that the error was not due to an Error, Customer shall pay Sumo Logic, at Sumo Logic’s then-current and standard consulting rates, for all work performed in connection with such determination, plus reasonable related expenses incurred therewith. Customer shall not be liable for (i) problem determination or repair to the extent problems are due to Errors in the Service; or (ii) work performed under this paragraph in excess of its instructions; or (iii) work performed after Customer has notified Sumo Logic that it no longer wishes work on the problem determination to be continued at its possible expense (such notice shall be deemed given when actually received by Sumo Logic). If Customer instructs Sumo Logic that it does not wish the problem pursued at its possible expense or if such determination requires effort in excess of Customer’s instructions, Sumo Logic may, at its sole discretion, elect not to investigate the error with no liability therefor. Support is provided from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., PT Monday through Friday, excluding Company holidays (“Standard Hours”) for all Error reports.
Sumo Logic shall have no obligation to support with respect to or in the case of: (i) altered or damaged Software; (ii) problems with the Service caused by Customer’s negligence, abuse or misapplication, or unauthorized use of Service other than as specified in the Sumo Logic’s user manual or other causes beyond the control of Sumo Logic. Sumo Logic shall have no liability for any changes in Customer’s hardware or software systems that may be necessary to use the Services due to a Workaround or maintenance.
- “E-mail support” means ability to make requests for technical support assistance by e-mail at any time (with reasonable efforts by Sumo Logic to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the then current release of a Product.
- “Error” means an error in the Service, which significantly degrades such Service as compared to the Sumo Logic’s published performance specifications.
- “Error Correction” means the use of reasonable commercial efforts to correct Errors.
- “Fix” means the repair or replacement of object code for the Software, features in the Service, or documentation to remedy an Error.
- “Initial Response” means the first contact by a Support Engineer after the incident has been logged and a ticket generated.
- “Management Escalation” means, if the initial Workaround or Fix does not resolve the Error, notification of Sumo Logic management that such Errors have been reported and of steps being taken to correct such Error(s).
- “Priority 1 Error” means an Error which renders the Services completely inoperative (i.e. an end-user cannot access the Service due to unplanned service downtime).
- “Priority 2 Error” means Customer can access the Sumo Logic Service, however one or more significant features are unavailable. (e.g. end-user is unable to set up a new collector or is unable to review high level status of data flow for their account)
- “Priority 3 Error” means any other error that does not prevent the End-User from accessing a significant feature of the Sumo Logic Service. (e.g. a collector is registering as down but is actually collecting and sending data)
- “Priority 4 Error” means any error related to product documentation or any request for feature improvements.
- “Status Update” means if the initial Workaround or Fix cannot resolve the Error, notification of the Customer regarding the progress of the Workaround or Fix.
- “Online Support” means information available through Sumo Logic’s website (https://support.sumologic.com), including frequently asked questions, and bug reporting.
- “Workaround” means a change in the procedures followed or data supplied by Customer to avoid an Error without substantially impairing Customer’s use of the Service.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A SERVICE CONTRACT AND NOT A PRODUCT WARRANTY. THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PART OF THE ONLINE AGREEMENT AND DOES NOT CHANGE OR SUPERSEDE ANY TERM OF THE ONLINE AGREEMENT EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONTRARY THERETO.