Getting Started with Sumo Logic Free Trial
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Sumo Logic provides everything you need to conduct real-time forensics and log management for all of your IT data—without having to manage and scale any hardware or storage. With Sumo Logic Free, you can open a free account and start using Sumo Logic right away.
Users who sign up for a free account are automatically signed up for a Sumo Logic Trial account, and after 30 days they are switched over to a Sumo Logic Free account. Users can upgrade at any time.
Trial accounts allow you access to:
- 1GB of data volume daily.
- Data uploaded to the Sumo Logic Cloud are only retained for 30 days.
- A maximum of 20 users.
- Metrics—search through and visualize your data in near real-time, with up to 1000 data points per minute.
- Data Forwarding—forward your logs straight to an S3 bucket after it has been collected and analyzed in Sumo Logic.
- Real Time Alerts—be notified in real-time when errors occur on your systems.
Free accounts are limited to:
- 500MB of data volume daily.
- Data uploaded to the Sumo Logic Cloud are only retained for seven days.
- A maximum of three users.
For more information, see Sumo Logic Account Usage.
To get started using Sumo Logic with your company's data:
Visit the Sumo Logic website, click Free Trial, enter your email address, select your location, and select Free.
Log into the Sumo Logic Web Application using your account credentials.
- Use the Setup Wizard to install and configure your first Sumo Logic Collector and Source.
After configuring your first Collector and Source, check the Status page to see messages arriving from your Collector. Then, explore the Search page to begin searching and analyzing your data set.
Once you're ready to upgrade, you can set up an account that meets your ongoing needs. Just contact us if you need any help, and we'd be happy to assist!