Sumo Logic uses Quartz CRON expressions. The syntax for a Quartz CRON expression is:
<seconds> <minutes> <hours> <day of the month> <month> <day of the week> <year>
where is <year> optional.
For more information on how to specify a CRON expression, see CRON Reference. For example expressions, see CRON Examples.
Cron expressions are comprised of six required fields (seconds, minutes, hours, day of the month, month, day of the week) and one optional field (year) separated by white space:
Allowed Special Characters
|Seconds||0-59||- * /|
|Minutes||0-59||- * /|
|Hours||0-23||- * /|
|Day (of month)||1-31||* ? / L W|
|Month||1-12 or JAN-DEC||- * /|
|Day (of week)||1-7 or SUN-SAT||- * ? / L #|
|Year (optional)||empty, 1970-2199||- * /|
There are several special characters that are used to specify values:
|?||No specific value in the day of month and day of week fields.||
|,||Additional values.||Typing "MON,WED,FRI" in the day-of-week field means the script will run only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.|
|#||Day of a month.||
|L||The last day of a month or week.||
|W||The weekday (Mon-Fri) nearest the specified day.||Specifying
These are examples of CRON expressions.
- A run frequency of once at 16:25 on December 18, 2018:
0 25 16 18 DEC ? 2018
- A run frequency of 12:00 PM (noon) every day:
0 0 12 * * ?
- A run frequency of 11:00 PM every weekday night:
0 0 23 ? * MON-FRI
- A run frequency of 10:15 AM every day:
0 15 10 * * ?
- A run frequency of 10:15 AM every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
0 15 10 ? * MON-FRI
- A run frequency of 12:00 PM (noon) every first day of the month:
0 0 12 1 1/1 ? *
- A run frequency of every hour between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday-Friday:
0 0 8-17 ? * MON-FRI