In the Library, you can export content as JSON, including whole folders with subfolders, saved log searches, saved metric queries, and Dashboards. Then you can import the content as JSON into the same or another Sumo Logic organization.
- Recent Searches, Favorites, Scheduled Views, Partitions, Field Extraction Rules (FERs), and lookups are not supported.
- For content that is shared, only the content is imported, not the Shared state. You can share it again as necessary.
- All content names must be unique within a folder in the Library.
- Only error free JSON will import successfully.
- Import is limited to 1000 objects at a time.
- For IE 11, in the Export Content dialog, the Download button is not available, due to the default IE 11 security configuration, which blocks this kind of download.
Export Content in the Library
- In the Library, do either:
- To export an item, navigate to it, click the details icon for that item, and select Export.
- To export a whole folder (with any subfolders), click the details icon for that folder select Export.
- In the Export Item dialog, do either:
- Click Copy to send it to the clipboard.
- Click Download to download the content as a JSON file.
- Click DONE to close the window.
Import Content in the Library
- Navigate to the folder into which you want to import the library item.
- Select Import from the options menu.
- In the Content Import dialog, enter Name. The item name must be unique with a folder.
- Paste the JSON you copied from the JSON dialog to the clipboard, or from the JSON file you downloaded.
- Click Import. The Import button is only available if you have pasted in a valid JSON.