Sumo Logic Live Tail supports running two Live Tail sessions at a time per browser tab. You can start a second Live Tail session from the Live Tail page, or from the Search page.
Split the Screen with a second Live Tail session
- From the Live Tail page, click the ... button to split the screen.
- A second pane opens on the Live Tail page.
- Enter a query and click Run. You can compare the two LiveTails side-by-side.
Start up to four Live Tail sessions
If you'd like to start a third or fourth Live Tail session, click the + button, and your third and fourth sessions will open in a new window.
There is a limit of four Live Tail sessions per user.
Stop a Live Tail session
- To stop one Live Tail session, click the ... menu in the pane you want to stop and select Stop Live Tail.
- The Live Tail session is stopped, but other Live Tail sessions will continue running
Close Split Screen
- Click the ... menu at the top of the screen you want to close and select Close Split Screen.
- The Live Tail Session you selected will close. The other session continues to run.