You can use general mathematical expressions on numerical data extracted from log lines.
| expression [as <field>]
- The term "expression" is evaluated as a mathematical expression in the context of existing fields.
- Parentheses can be used to group operations.
- The ternary operator is supported so you can use
"condition ? value_if_true : value_if_false".
- Supported mathematical operators
+, -, *, /, %
- Boolean expression tests like:
disk > 0.8 ? 1 : 0 as overcapacity
- Math function calls like:
min((fps / 10 + 1) * 10, 70) as bucket
- Assuming x = 1, 2, then
ceil(sqrt(x*x + y*y)) as d
should result in d = 2.0
Java's Math Class
The Sumo Logic Java library includes the Math class functions, though they are not documented.
The following example uses the pow() function:
| 10 as number | pow(number, 10) as newnumber
To reference Java's Math class functions, see https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Math.html.