The Sumo Logic App for Amazon EKS - Control Plane App provides visibility into the EKS control plane with operational insights into the api server, scheduler, control manager, and worker nodes. The app’s preconfigured dashboards display resource-related metrics for Kubernetes deployments, clusters, namespaces, pods, containers, and daemonsets.
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) allows you to readily deploy, manage, and scale container-based applications with Kubernetes on AWS.
The following are the minimum supported requirements for this application:
|Kubernetes||1.10 and later|
|Amazon EKS||1.13.8, 1.11.10|
- Kubernetes API server component logs (api) – The cluster API server is the control plane component that exposes the Kubernetes API.
- Audit (audit) – Kubernetes audit logs provide a record of the individual users, administrators, or system components that have affected your cluster.
- Authenticator (authenticator) – Authenticator logs are unique to Amazon EKS. These logs represent the control plane component that Amazon EKS uses for Kubernetes Role Based Access Control (RBAC) authentication using IAM credentials.
- Controller manager (controllerManager) – The controller manager manages the core control loops that are shipped with Kubernetes.
- Scheduler (scheduler) – The scheduler component manages when and where to run pods in your cluster.
For more details about EKS logging, refer the Amazon documentation.