This page helps you with the instructions on how to install the Sumo Logic App for Active Directory JSON.
Install the Sumo Logic App
To install the app:
Locate and install the app you need from the App Catalog. If you want to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing, click Preview Dashboards.
- From the App Catalog, search for and select the app.
- Select the version of the service you're using and click Add to Library.
- To install the app, complete the following fields.
- App Name. You can retain the existing name, or enter a name of your choice for the app.
- Data Source. Select either of these options for the data source.
- Choose Source Category, and select a source category from the list.
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter, and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. Example: (_sourceCategory=MyCategory).
- Advanced. Select the Location in Library (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
Dashboard Filter with Template Variables
Template variables provide dynamic dashboards that rescope data on the fly. As you apply variables to troubleshoot through your dashboard, you can view dynamic changes to the data for a fast resolution to the root cause. For more information, see the Filter with template variables help page.
Active Directory Service Activity
The Active Directory Service Activity dashboard provides insights into overall active directory services like messages overtime, logon/off activity, object creation, and deletion.
Use this dashboard to:
- Monitor object creation and deletion activities.
- Monitor rights assigned to a user or rights removed from a user.
- Monitor logon/logoff activity by various logon types.
- Monitor top 10 activities with concise message.
Active Directory Service Failures
The Active Directory Service Failures dashboard provides an at-a-glance view of success, failures, and audit failures overtime.
Use this dashboard to:
- Monitor success and failure trends to check for any deviation from normal.
- Monitor all failed audit events along with administrative activities by event categories.
- Track IP addresses associated with failed activities.