This page has instructions for configuring a pipeline for shipping Azure Audit logs from Azure Monitor to an Event Hub, on to an Azure Function, and finally to an HTTP source on a hosted collector in Sumo Logic.
Here’s how the solution fits together:
- Azure Monitor collects logs for most Microsoft Azure services, including Azure Audit, and streams the data to an Azure Event Hub.
- Azure Event Hubs is a data streaming platform and event ingestion service. In this pipeline, an Event Hub streams the logs collected by Azure Monitor to an Azure function.
- The Azure function is a small piece of code that is triggered by Event Hub to send logs to the Sumo HTTP Source, function logs to one Storage Account, and failover data to another.
Configure an HTTP source
In this step, you configure an HTTP source to which the Azure function will send Azure Activity logs.
Configure Azure resources using ARM template
To deploy a Sumo provided ARM template, follow the instructions in Step 2 for Collecting logs from Azure monitor.
Export Activity Logs to Event Hub
- In the search bar, search, and select Activity Log.
- In the Activity log window, click Diagnostic Settings.
In the Diagnostic Settings window, click Add Diagnostic settings.
Select the log type in Category details that you want to ingest.
Select the Stream to an event hub checkbox and then select the following:
Subscription. Pull-down, select a subscription.
Event Hub Namespace. Pull-down, select the
SumoAzureLogsNamespace<UniqueSuffix>namespace created by the ARM template in Step 2.
Event Hub name (optional). Select
Event hub policy name. Leave the default policy, RootManageSharedAccessKey, or select another as desired.
If logs are not flowing into Sumo Logic, see Troubleshooting.