Puppet is a software configuration management tool. Puppet can provision infrastructure and enforce desired configurations across new and existing servers.The Sumo Logic App for Puppet helps you monitor Puppet metrics and events, which means that you can easily:
- Determine when Puppet runs occurred.
- Track service and applying times for each run.
- Find out how often resources have changed, skipped, failed to update, or are out-of-sync.
- Find out the root cause of issues by correlating puppet runs with metrics from other components in your infrastructure.
Sumo’s Puppet Logs source and Puppet Reports source use an installed collector to gather the following data from Puppet:
- Puppet Server logs. For more information about the logs location, see Puppet Server Logs.
- Puppet Server Access logs. For more information about the logs location, see Puppet Server Logs.
- Puppet Reports. Puppet generates reports in YAML format. SumoLogic supports report format 10. This is the format of reports output by Puppet versions 5.5.3 and newer. It is backward compatible with report format 9 (in Puppet versions 5.5.0 to 5.5.2). For more information about the puppet reports, see Puppet Reports.