Install the Sumo Logic App
Now that you have set up collection for Puppet, install the Sumo Logic App for Puppet to use the preconfigured searches and Dashboards that provide insight into your data.
To install the app
Locate and install the app you need from the App Catalog. If you want to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing, click Preview Dashboards.
- From the App Catalog, search for and select the app.
- To install the app, click Add to Library and complete the following fields.
- App Name. You can retain the existing name, or enter a name of your choice for the app.
- Puppet Server Log Source. Choose Source Category, and select the Source Category that you configured for the source from the list.
- Puppet Server Access Log Source. Choose Source Category, and select the Source Category that you configured for the source from the list.
- Puppet Reports Source. Choose Source Category, and select the Source Category that you configured for the source from the list.
- Advanced. Select the Location in Library (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization. See Welcome to the New Library for information on working with the library in the new UI.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
See an overview of Puppet activity, including puppet versions, environments, service times, unique nodes, nodes puppet runs, node requests and nodes responding.
See an analysis of errors in Puppet Master and nodes.
Node Puppet Runs Analysis
See an analysis of puppet runs on nodes, including resources analysis, average time to apply, node puppet activity.