This page has instructions for installing the Sumo App for HAProxy and the descriptionfor the app dashboard.
Install the App
Now that you have set up collection for HAProxy, you can install the HAProxy App to use the pre-configured searches and dashboard that provide insight into your data.
To install the App, do the following:
Locate and install the app you need from the App Catalog. If you want to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing, click Preview Dashboards.
- From the App Catalog, search for and select the app.
- Select the version of the service you're using and click Add to Library.
- To install the app, complete the following fields.
- App Name. You can retain the existing name, or enter a name of your choice for the app.
- Data Source. Select either of these options for the data source.
- Choose Source Category, and select a source category from the list.
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter, and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. Example: (_sourceCategory=MyCategory).
- Advanced. Select the Location in Library (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
HAProxy - Overview
The HAProxy - Overview dashboard provides an at-a-glance view of HAProxy Backend and Frontend HTTP error codes percentage, visitor location, URLs and Clients causing errors.
- Identify Frontend and Backend Sessions percentage usage to understand active sessions. This can help you increase the HAProxy session limit.
- Gain insights into originated traffic location by region. This can help you allocate computer resources to different regions according to their needs.
- Gain insights into Client, Server Responses on HAProxy Server. This helps you identify errors in HAProxy Server.
- Gain insights into Network traffic for the Frontend and Backend system of your HAProxy server.