After you've created a custom Dashboard (Beta), you will want to save it for future use. You may also want share it with coworkers within the organization, as well as people outside your organization. This page walks you through these tasks.
Saving a custom dashboard
This task shows you how easy it is to save a custom Dashboard (Beta).
To save a custom dashboard, do the following:
- In the upper right corner of the dashboard, select the Details icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Save As. The dashboard is saved under the dashboard name.
Sharing a dashboard within your organization
Sharing dashboards allows you to extend the insights you gain from Sumo Logic with others within your organization. You can specify specific permissions for the user with whom you share the dashboard, as well as controlling the data that appears in the dashboard.
When you share a dashboard, you specify the dashboard access rights for the users—View, Edit, or Manage. Dashboard access rights are described in the Available Permission Levels section of the Share Content page.
You can grant the same access right to everyone with whom you share the dashboard. Or, you can give some users View access, other users Edit access, and still other users Manage access. If you are going to grant different access rights to different users, be prepared with lists of users and the access level you want to grant to each.
Dashboard sharing options
The following example shows the Share Dashboard dialog options you'll use to specify with whom to share the dashboard and their access permissions:
- Share with specific users. This is where you select the users or roles with whom you wish to share the dashboard.
- Grant access roles. This is where you specify the access roles for the users.
- See who has access. Lists the users and roles with whom the dashboard is already shared.
How to share a dashboard
This section walks you through the process of sharing a dashboard with other people within your organization.
To share a dashboard within your organization, do the following:
- In the left navigation pane, right-click the dashboard you want to share, and select Share in the context menu.
- Click in the Share with specific users and roles field and select with whom to share the dashboard from the drop-down list.
- In the Access area, select the user permissions you want to grant from the drop-down list: Edit, View, or Manage.
- Optionally, select Advanced Access option to allow users to grant view access to others. For more information, see the Available Permission Levels section of the Share Content page.
- To share the dashboard with another set of users, but with different access permissions, click Add users with another access level and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- To send an email to the recipients of the shared dashboard, toggle Notify recipients by email to ON, and enter a note in the text field.
- Click Share.