Follow these steps to define metric rules for metric visualization. For more on metrics rules, see About Metric Rules.
- Choose Manage > Metric Rules in the Web Application.
- Click the + icon to add a new rule.
- Add a query that reflects the metric structure for your organization.
- Assign values to match.
For example, the following figure shows how to configure this rule:
From: prod.*.*.** extract: cluster=$_raw._1 instance=$_raw._2 what=$_raw._3
- If there are matching time series, they are displayed in the Preview area on the page.
After defining metric rules, you can do the following on the Metric Rules page:
- Click + to add additional rules.
- Use the page controls at the bottom of the page to page through multi-page lists of rules.
- Enter text in the Filter area to filter the list of rules.
- Click the Edit icon to edit a rule.
- Click the Delete icon to delete a rule.