Webhook connections rely on HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can set up any number of connections.
Sumo Logic to Opsgenie Integration
Sumo Logic scheduled searches can send webhook alerts to Opsgenie that acts as a dispatcher and determines the right people to notify based on your on-call schedule.
To add a Sumo Logic integration in Opsgenie, do the following:
- Go to Opsgenie Integration Page.
- Specify the following parameters:
- Provide the Name.
- Add the team who will be notified of Sumo Logic Alerts.
- Copy the Integration Url, it is used in Sumo Logic while setting up the Webhook Connection.
- Click Save Integration.
Your configuration in Opsgenie should look something like the following:
Configuration in Sumo Logic
In Sumo Logic, scheduled searches send alerts to other tools via webhook connections. To send alerts from Sumo Logic to Opsgenie :
Create a Webhook Connection
This section demonstrates how to create a webhook connection from Sumo Logic to Opsgenie.
- In Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Settings > Connections.
- Click + Add and choose Opsgenie as the connection type.
- Enter a Name and give an optional Description to the connection.
- Paste the Integration Url from Opsgenie (copied in step 2) into the URL field.
- (Optional) Enter an Authorization Header, which may include an authorization token.
- (Optional) Custom Headers, enter up to five comma separated key-value pairs.
- (Optional) Opsgenie uses the Priority value to define the priority of alerts.
- The following JSON is the default Payload, you can customize it as needed. For details on variables you can use as parameters within your JSON object, see Webhook Payload Variables.
- Click Save.
Configure a Scheduled Search
Scheduled searches are saved searches that run automatically at specified intervals. When a scheduled search is configured to send an alert, it can be sent to another tool using a webhook connection.
To set up a scheduled search for a webhook connection follow the steps in the Schedule Searches for Webhook Connections document.