This topic has information about custom Insight resolutions and how to create and manage them.
About Insight resolutions
When you close an Insight, CSE prompts you to select a resolution that indicates why you closed it. There are four built-in resolutions:
- Duplicate—The insight has triggered before on the same entity and is a duplicate.
- False Positive—An insight triggered and it is legitimate activity.
- No Action—An insight triggered and it might not be an incident but is also not a false positive.
- Resolved—An incident occurred and was resolved.
You can define custom sub-resolutions for any of the built-in resolutions. This enables you to create more granular resolutions that indicate more clearly why an Insight was closed. For example, you might want to create a “Remediated” sub-resolution under “Resolved”.
Create a custom sub-resolution
- Click the gear icon at the top of the CSE UI and choose Resolutions under Insights.
- On the Insight Resolutions page, click Create.
- The Create Insight Resolution page appears.
- Name. Enter a meaningful name for the new resolution.
- Parent Resolution. Display the dropdown list and select a built-in resolution.
- Description. (Optional) Enter a description that will help other users understand when to use the new resolution.
- Click Create.
- The new resolution appears on the Insight Resolutions page, indented below the parent resolution.
Close an Insight using a custom resolution
- After navigating to an Insight, you can close it by either clicking the Close Insight button or by selecting Closed from the Status pulldown.
- The Close Insight popup presents a list of resolutions, including any custom sub-resolutions that have been defined. Note that a custom resolution is indented below its parent built-in resolution.
- Click the appropriate resolution for the Insight.
- A popup appears where you can add a comment if desired. Click Close Insight to apply the selected resolution and close the Insight.
Filter Insights by custom resolution
You can filter Insights by custom resolution.
- On the Insights page, check the Filters area and make sure that the Status filter is not set to “is not closed”.
- Click in the Filters area and select Custom Resolution.
- You’re prompted to select an operator: is or is not.
- After you choose an operator, you're prompted to select a custom resolution.
- Select a resolution to view Insights that have that resolution.