This doc has instructions for setting up the FedRAMP version of the Insight Enrichment Server.
The FedRamp version of the Insight Enrichment Server requires Windows Server 2019 or later with JRE 11 or later.
Before installing the server, create a configuration file for the server, as described in the Insight Enrichment Server topic.
The Insight Enrichment Server is packaged with an interactive installer. You’ll be prompted to supply the following configuration options when you run the installer.
- Installation Directory. By default, the Insight Enrichment Server will be installed in
C:\Windows\SumoLogic\EnrichmentServer. Sumo Logic recommends that you accept this default.
- Configuration File. The installer prompts you to provide the location of a configuration file with an .ini extension. The file must be a valid configuration file with the required configuration options. The configuration file will be copied to
C:\Windows\SumoLogic\EnrichmentServeron your local machine. For information about configuration options and a sample configuration file, see the Insight Enrichment Server topic.
Step 1: Set up Java and environment variables
- Download any Java 11 or later, for Windows, from here.
- Extract the zip file to
- Right-click the Start button and select Search to open the Windows search box.
- Enter “advanced system settings” in the search box, and click View advanced system settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
- In the Environment Variables popup, click New under the list of system variables.
- In the New System Variable popup:
- Variable name. Enter JAVA_PATH.
- Variable value. Enter the path to your JDK folder, for example C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-X.X.X.
- Click OK.
- In the System variables area, select Path, and click Edit.
- On the Edit environment variable popup, click New.
- Add the following path and click OK.
- To verify that Java was successfully installed successfully, open a command prompt and run:
Step 2: Install the Insight Enrichment Server
- Download the installer for Insight Enrichment Server for FedRamp from:
- Run the installer and follow the instructions.
Tags recommended by the template: article:topic