When you create a Line Chart or an Area Chart you can add gridlines to the chart, and also customize how those gridlines are displayed.
To change gridlines on the Y axis:
- On the Dashboards page, click the Edit button.
- Click the Panel's Settings icon.
- Click Y Axis.
- Minor gridlines. Here you can select:
- Use default interval. Keeps the default gridlines.
- Enter an interval. Click here, and a suggested value is automatically entered. To change the gridline interval, enter a positive numeric value.
Example: For the Y axis in the example above, the data ranges from 0 to 14.3k and shows default grid lines at 0, 4,750, 9,500, and 14.3k. So if you want to see 10 grid lines between 0 and 4,750, divide 4,750 by 10 (4750/10 = 475). For the Y axis Grid Line Interval enter 475, and you will see 10 grid lines between 0 and 4,750.
- Minor gridline color. To modify the gridline color, select a color from the picker.
- Click Save.