Sumo Logic provides flexible account types for any sized organization. Select from Free, Trial, Enterprise, or Professional accounts.
- Free accounts allow you to use the Sumo Logic tools available to Professional account holders, with a daily data volume limit of 500MB. Free accounts allow three users, with seven days of data retention. Free account holders can upgrade to Professional from within Sumo Logic.
- Trial accounts allow you to try all of Sumo Logic's advanced features to understand how Sumo Logic will fit within your organization before you buy. It includes a daily data volume limit of 1GB per day, with 20 users and 30 days of retention. You can upgrade your account at any time.1GB per day, with 20 users and 30 days of retention. You can upgrade your account at any time.
- Professional accounts scale to meet your growing needs for user licenses, data retention, and volume options based on subscription. You can upgrade from a Professional to an Enterprise account at any time.
- Enterprise accounts, the premier Sumo Logic log management solution, are built to fit your organization's needs for data volume, data retention, and user management requirements. Enterprise accounts include the additional features of SAML-based SSO and Anomaly Detection.
|Feature||Description||Free Account||Trial Account||Professional Account||Enterprise Account|
|Log Data volume||Daily amount of log data sent to Sumo Logic.||500MB
|Based on subscription||Based on subscription|
|Log Data retention||Amount of time log data are stored in Sumo Logic.||Seven days||30 days||Based on subscription||Based on subscription|
|Users||Administrators can set user privileges based on role access controls.||Three users||20 users*||Based on subscription||Based on subscription|
|LogReduce||Use a Sumo Logic algorithm to reduce log lines into manageable patterns.|
|Search||Search historical and near real-time log-based data.|
|Metrics||Search historical and near real-time metrics-based data.||Not available|
|Metrics data volume||Daily amount of metrics data sent to Sumo Logic.||Not available||1,000 Data Points per Minute (DPM)||50 DPM per GB/day of your Log Subscription. More capacity available with the additional Metrics ingest add-on||200 DPM per GB/day of your Log Subscription. More capacity available with the additional Metrics ingest add-on|
|Metrics Data retention||Amount of time metrics data is stored in Sumo Logic following ingestion.||Not available||
|Library||Save a search or a Dashboard and share it with everyone in your Sumo Logic account.|
|Data Collection||Collect data from one or more Sources (from both Installed and Hosted Collectors).|
|Data Forwarding||Forward your logs to an S3 Bucket after Sumo Logic has ingested it.||Upgrade required|
|Data Volume Index||Provides information on data volume usage.|
|Sumo Logic Apps||Install out of the box applications from Sumo Logic into your account.||Quickstart App only|
|Multi-site Aggregation||Collect data across multiple infrastructures or environments.|
|High Availability||Built-in high availability service infrastructure.|
|Dashboards - Live Mode||Amount of time Live Mode is enabled for a Dashboard||Seven days||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Partitions||Filter a subset of messages in an Index into a Partition on ingest.||Upgrade required|
|Scheduled Views||Pre-aggregated Index of a subset of data.||Upgrade required|
|Field Extraction||Set up rules that parse out fields as log messages are ingested.|
|Real Time Alerts||Scheduled searches that run nearly continuously.||Upgrade required|
|SAML||Provision SAML-based SSO for your organization.||Upgrade required||Upgrade required|
|Anomaly Detection||Machine learning and logic proactively detects abnormalities in your environment.||Upgrade required||By request*||Upgrade required|
|Collector Management API||Configure multiple Collectors and Sources using a script, without needing to use the Sumo Logic Web Application UI.|
|Search Job API||Access resources and log data within Sumo Logic by third party scripts and applications.||Upgrade required||Upgrade required|
|Support||Access to Sumo Logic technical Support.||Upgrade required|
|Documentation||Access to Sumo Logic documentation through DocHub.|
|Community||Access to Community Support and discussions.|
* Contact Sumo Logic Sales to customize your account to meet your organization's needs.
Account Capacity Limitations
- An account that is within its limits is defined as using Reserved Capacity.
- An account that is over its limits is defined as using On-Demand Capacity.
Continuous Query Limitations
For all Sumo Logic account types (except for Sumo Logic Free) there is an overall limit of 1,000 continuous queries per Sumo Logic organization that can be run at one time. This includes Dashboard Panels, Alerts, and all other types of queries.
Data Limits for Metrics
For billing and reporting purposes, data volume for metrics is measured in Data Points per Minute (DPM). When the DPM limit is exceeded, data is cached on the host and the Source is throttled. The calculation of DPM varies according to the type of metric Source. For details, see Data Limits for Metrics.
Important notes on Sumo Logic Free accounts
Using a Free account is a great way to get to know Sumo Logic. While you're trying the Sumo Logic service, there are a few points that are important to be aware of:
- Free accounts run on seven-day intervals. This means that over the course of seven days, you can't upload more than a total of 3.5GB of log data.
- If you begin to reach the 500MB daily limit, Sumo Logic sends an email to let you know. You can take action to reduce the amount of data you're uploading in order to stay below the limit.
- If the 500MB limit is surpassed, you'll receive an email letting you know that data in the Sumo Logic Cloud can no longer be searched (but additional data is still collected). However, if the data limit is fully exceeded, data collection stops (in addition to search being disabled). Disabled features will be available after your usage falls below 3.5GB when averaged over seven days (this could take one day, or up to seven days, depending on the amount of data you've uploaded and where you've uploaded it).
- In extreme situations, Free accounts may be disabled if the data volume continues to exceed the limits.
- Free accounts are limited to 20 continuous queries, including Dashboard Panels.
- Because Free accounts run on seven-day intervals, Dashboard Panel queries may not use a time range longer than seven days.
- For Sumo Logic Apps, Free accounts are limited to install the Log Analysis QuickStart app.
- The limitations of a Free account can't be changed, but you can upgrade to a Professional account at any time.
- For information on throttling and account caps, see Manage Ingestion.
Important notes on Sumo Logic Trial accounts
Using a Trial account is a great way to learn about the advanced features of Sumo Logic. While you're trying the Sumo Logic service, there are a few points that are important to be aware of:
- Trial accounts are allowed to burst up to 5GB a day for short periods.
- For information on throttling and account caps, see Manage Ingestion.