The first step for integrating ServiceNow with Sumo Logic is to configure one or more connections, which are HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can set up any number of connections, depending on your organization's needs.
- In Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Settings > Connections (Manage > Connections in the classic UI).
- On the Connections page, click Add.
- For Connection Type, select ServiceNow.
- In the Create Connection dialog box enter the Name of the connection.
- Optional: Enter a Description for the connection.
- Enter the Username and Password used to log in to ServiceNow.
- For URL, copy your organization's ServiceNow URL, which can be found at the top of any ServiceNow web page, then paste it in the URL text box. After pasting the URL, type /api/now/table/em_event to enable data to be uploaded from Sumo Logic to ServiceNow.
- Click Save. The connection displays.
Existing connections can be edited at any time through the Manage Data > Settings > Connections page.
- Click Edit to the right of the name of the connection.
- Make any changes to the information, then click Save.