Once you set up a Webhook connection in Sumo Logic, and create a scheduled search, then you can send an alert from that scheduled search to your Datadog account.
You can learn more about Datadog webhooks in their API Help.
The first step for integrating a Webhook is to configure one or more Connections to Datadog, which are HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can setup any number of Connections, depending on your organization's needs
Set up a Webhook connection for Datadog
- In the Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Settings > Connections.
- On the Connections page click Add.
- Click Datadog.
- In the Create Connection dialog, enter the Name of the Connection.
- Optional: Enter a Description for the Connection.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint.
- Under Payload, enter a JSON object in the format required by Datadog. For details on variables that can be used as parameters within your JSON object, see Webhook Payload Variables.
Create a scheduled search for the Datadog Webhook Connection
Scheduled searches are saved searches that run automatically at specified intervals. When a scheduled search is configured to send an alert, it can be set to a Connection via a Webhook to Datadog.
You can create a brand new search, or you can base a search on an existing saved or scheduled search. If you'd like to use an existing search, you'll need to save the query as a new search to not override the search's current schedule. For instructions, see Scheduled Searches for Webhook Connections.