Once you set up a webhook connection you can send a Sumo Logic alert to your Datadog account. For information on how to build your webhook payload refer to Datadog webhooks in their API Help.
Webhook connections rely on HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can set up any number of connections.
Set up a webhook connection for Datadog
- In the Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Alerts > Connections.
- On the Connections page click Add.
- Click Datadog.
- In the Create Connection dialog, enter the Name of the Connection.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for the Connection.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint.
- (Optional) Custom Headers, enter up to five comma separated key-value pairs.
- Under Payload, enter a JSON object in the format required by Datadog. For details on variables that can be used as parameters within your JSON object, see Webhook Payload Variables.
Create a scheduled search
Scheduled searches are saved searches that run automatically at specified intervals. When a scheduled search is configured to send an alert, it can be sent to a connection via a webhook.
You can create a brand new search, or you can base a search on an existing saved or scheduled search. If you'd like to use an existing search, you'll need to save the query as a new search to not override the current schedule of the search. For instructions, see Scheduled Searches for Webhook Connections.
Create a metrics monitor
To trigger the Webhook connection, you can also use a metrics monitor. For instructions, see Metrics Monitors and Alerts.