Webhook Connections for HipChat allow you to send scheduled search alerts to HipChat. By setting up a Webhook connection in Sumo Logic, and creating a scheduled search, then you can send an alert from that scheduled search as a post to a HipChat room.
For information on how to build your webhook payload refer to HipChat Webhooks in the HipChat API documentation.
Setting up Webhook Connections for HipChat
The first step for integrating a Webhook with Sumo Logic is to configure one or more connections to HipChat, which are HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can setup any number of connections, depending on your organization's needs.
To set up a Webhook Connection for HipChat
- In Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Settings > Connections.
- On the Connections page click Add.
- Click HipChat.
- In the Create Connection dialog, enter the Name of the connection.
- Optional: Enter a Description for the connection.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint. Find this URL and token in the HipChat integration field Send messages to this room by posting to this URL. The URL uses the format:
https://[username].hipchat.com/v2/room/[Room API ID]/notification?auth_token=[token]
(For more information, see HipChat API documentation.)
- Authorization Header (Optional): Not required for HipChat.
- Under Payload, enter a JSON object in the format required by HipChat. A default HipChat Payload is provided. For details on variables that can be used as parameters within your JSON object, see Webhook Payload Variables.
- Click Save.