HipChat webhook connections allow you to send Sumo Logic alert results to HipChat rooms. For information on how to build your webhook payload refer to HipChat Webhooks in the HipChat API documentation.
Once you set up the webhook connection you'll have the option to use it in a Scheduled Search or Monitor.
Set up HipChat webhook connections
Webhook connections rely on HTTP endpoints that tell Sumo Logic where to send data. You can set up any number of connections.
To set up a webhook connection for HipChat
- In Sumo Logic, go to Manage Data > Settings > Connections.
- On the Connections page click Add.
- Click HipChat.
- In the Create Connection dialog, enter the Name of the connection.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for the connection.
- Enter the URL for the endpoint. Find this URL and token in the HipChat integration field Send messages to this room by posting to this URL. The URL uses the format:
https://[username].hipchat.com/v2/room/[Room API ID]/notification?auth_token=[token]
(For more information, see HipChat API documentation.)
- (Optional) Authorization Header, not required for HipChat.
- (Optional) Custom Headers, enter up to five comma separated key-value pairs.
- Under Payload, enter a JSON object in the format required by HipChat. A default HipChat Payload is provided. For details on variables that can be used as parameters within your JSON object, see Webhook Payload Variables.
- Click Save.