In Sumo Logic, you must use an access key to:
- Register new Collectors. When you install a Collector, in addition to have a role that grants you the Manage Collectors capability, you must supply an access key. You can use a different access key for each Collector, or use the same access key for multiple or all of your Collectors. The only time a Collector uses the access key is at installation, so if a key is deleted after a Collector has been set up, the Collector isn't affected.
- Use Sumo Logic APIs. You must supply an access key to use the Sumo Logic APIs. See API Authentication for details.
You can create and manage your own access keys on the Preferences page in the Sumo web app. If your role grants you the Manage Access Keys capability, you can manage access keys created by other Sumo users on the and the Administration > Security > Access Keys page.
Generate an access key
Any Sumo user can generate an access key on the Preferences page. If you have the Manage Access Keys capability you can generate access keys on the Security page.
Generate an access key on the Preferences page
- In the Sumo Logic web app, click your name in the left nav and open the Preferences page.
- in the My Access Keys section, click + Add Access Key.
- The Create a Sumo Logic Access Key window appears:
- In the Access Key Label text box, type a name for the access key and click Generate Key.
- The window displays the generated Access ID and Access Key. Make a copy of both before clicking Close. After you press Close, you will not be able to recover the Access ID and Access Key.
Generate an access key on the Security page
If you have the Manage Access Keys capability you can generate access keys on the Security page.
- Go to Administration > Security > Access Keys.
- At the top right of the table, click + Add Access Key.
- Follow the steps in Generate an access key on the Preferences page above, starting with step 3.
Manage Access Keys
Keys that you generated can be found on your Preferences page. Administrators in an account can deactivate, reactivate, or delete all keys in an organization through the Administration > Security > Access Keys page.
Deleting or deactivating an Access ID and Key used to register a Collector will not stop Collectors from functioning. The credentials are only used at the time of installation as part of the initial connection and registration of the Collector with the service.
Deactivate an Access Key
Deactivating a key keeps the key credentials in your account, but renders the key useless. You can reactivate a key at any time to begin using it again.
- Click Active in the Status column.
- The status changes to Inactive.
Reactivate an Access Key
- Click Inactive in the Status column.
- The status changes to Active.
Delete an Access Key
- Click Delete.
- Confirm the deletion. The key is immediately removed, and will no longer work.