Deleting a user permanently removes the user and affects content the user has created. To save the settings for a user while preventing access to Sumo Logic, you can deactivate a user.
Certain content is simply moved to a new folder under the admin's Personal folder in the Library when a user is deleted. Other content needs a bit of help to replicate before the user is deleted.
Before you begin
Before you begin, you must perform the steps in Offboard a User. These steps will help you identify any data or access transfers that need to occur before you delete this user and prevent disruption to any automated services set up under that user.
Deleting a user changes the behavior of the following content
- Access Keys are removed and cannot be restored.
- Scheduled Views are stopped. Data is no longer indexed into Scheduled Views created by a user once the user is deleted, but the data itself is not deleted (and the name of the Scheduled View remains). Make sure to create new Scheduled Views using the same query as the user's Scheduled Views before deleting the user.
- Published saved searches are unpublished. Save a copy of each saved search, then publish them from your account.
- Published Dashboards are unpublished. You can copy a Dashboard, then publish it from your account to replicate the content.
Deleting a user does not change the behavior of the following content
- Partitions. Data continues to be indexed into Partitions that the user set up.
- Unpublished Dashboards.
- Unpublished Saved Searches.
- Scheduled Searches. Scheduled Searches continue to run after the user that created them is deleted. The admin that deleted the user becomes the owner of the Scheduled Searches created by that user.
Delete a user
To delete a user
- Go to Administration > Users and Roles > Users.
- Hover over the user and click the Delete icon on the right. A dialog informs you where the deleted user's content will be saved. Click Delete to confirm the deletion.
A new folder containing the deleted content is created under your Personal tab in a folder named content from deleted user.