When you create a new user, make sure to assign at least one role. No default roles are given to a new user.
- Go to Manage > Users and Roles > Users (Manage > Users in the classic UI) .
- Click the + icon on the upper right side of the page.
- Enter the user's credentials:
- First Name and Last Name. Enter the first and last name of the user.
- Email. The email address must match the corporate domain of your Sumo Logic account. For new users, Sumo Logic automatically sends a temporary password to the user at the email address you've entered. A user who logs in to Sumo Logic for the first time is prompted to change the temporary password.
- Roles. Select the roles for the user. See About Roles for more information. If you select multiple roles, the use is given highest level of access of all the assigned roles.
- Click Add New User. The user is immediately added to your account.