May 22, 2018
New Google Apps Options in Google Source Audit UI
Update - More support for Google Audit UI sources. We’ve added four more Google apps as source options to the Google Audit UI:
- Groups. Reports return information about various Groups activity events.
- gplus. Reports return information about various Google+ activity events.
- Mobile. Reports return information about different types of Mobile Audit activity events.
- Rules. Reports return information about different types of Rules activity events.
May 21, 2018
Metric Rules Editor
Today we released the Metric Rules Editor, an interface for assigning tags to your metrics so that you can search them more easily. Metric rules can create tags derived from segments of a Graphite metric path, or from the key-value pairs for a Carbon 2.0 metric. Tagging is great for Graphite metrics—enabling users to interactively build a query as a set of key-value pairs. For more information, see About Metric Rules.
May 15, 2018
An enhancement to Sumo's WebHook feature was released today. Now, you can include results from your scheduled searches in your WebHook payload. You can create more contextual alert notifications by referencing specific fields from your log search, such as hostname, error count, and so on. For example, you can issue easy-to-read Slack messages like this:
May 8, 2018
The Sumo Logic App for Squid Proxy was released today. The new app for Squid helps you monitor activity in Squid Proxy. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into served and denied requests; HTTP response codes; URLS experiencing redirects, client errors, and server errors; and quality of service data that helps you understand your users’ experience.
May 7, 2018
New Feature - Help reduce your favorite queries down to a few input fields to make it easier for others to use. Search templates allow you to turn any text in a query into an input field with a text box that has autocomplete. You have full flexibility in setting up the autocomplete for the text box, choosing from a static list or lookup files, to make the search experience even better. And these autocomplete values will also be available as dashboard-wide filters for your users.
April 24, 2018
New Video - Excited about the GA release of Content Sharing? A new video is available for you following the most basic use-case, how to share a scheduled search so others can edit your alerts!
New Geolocation Database - Sumo Logic has partnered with Neustar, an industry-leading IP intelligence provider, to deliver a more accurate database for geolocating IP addresses in your log messages. To get started, simply replace "geo://default" with "geo://location" in any of your geo lookup map queries.
TLS 1.2 Requirement Reminder for Collectors
Deprecation - To keep up with industry standard best practices and ensure the security of our customer data, we are planning to only support TLS version 1.2. We are reaching out to administrators and account owners to ensure all Sumo collector agents are upgraded to version 19.155-X or higher while running JRE 7+. We plan to have this enforced by May 1, 2018.
April 18, 2018
An update to the Sumo App for Amazon SES was released today. The updated app provides a new “Amazon SES - Complaint Notifications” dashboard.
April 18, 2018
An update to the Sumo App for AWS CloudTrail was released today. The updated app provides a new “AWS CloudTrail - S3 Public Objects and Buckets” dashboard.
April 16, 2018
An update to Sumo Logic App for G Suite was released today. The updated app provides a new “Google Apps - User Activity” dashboard, and includes a number of query optimizations.
April 12, 2018
An updated version of the Sumo Logic Audit App with was released today. In addition to the previously available dashboards that present information about account management and user activities, the updated app provides new dashboards that provide insight into management actions performed on Library content (searches, dashboards/reports, and folders) in your Sumo Logic account.
April 10, 2018
New Feature - Role-based Access Control for your searches, dashboards, and folders is rolling out over the next few weeks to every account. You can now decide the level of access you want to share your searches, dashboards, and folders with specific users and roles. You can grant View, Edit, or Manage access, and have the Advanced option to make this access even more fine-grained.
There are also new admin controls for Administrators to help you administer the organization of searches and dashboards for other users.
New Apps - We’re excited to announce the release of six new applications for Google Cloud Platform, giving you new prebuilt searches and dashboards for the following Google services:
- Google BigQuery
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud Functions
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Cloud SQL
New App - AWS Lambda ULM app. This is a unified logs and metrics (ULM) app that helps you monitor the operational and performance trends in the Lambda functions in your account.
April 5, 2018
The Sumo Logic App for Oracle was released today. The app provides insight into the health and activity of your Oracle database and includes predefined dashboards that present information about errors, ORA messages, listener activity, connections, security monitoring, and the syslog and XML audit trails.
April 4, 2018
The SumoLogic App for AWS Lambda ULM was released today. The app is a unified logs and metrics (ULM) app that helps you monitor the operational and performance trends in the Lambda functions in your account.
March 30, 2018
Six new apps were released today.
The Sumo Logic App for Google BigQuery helps you monitor data and activity in your BigQuery data warehouse. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into the projects, operations, queries, user management operations, user activities, and billed GBs in BigQuery.
- The Sumo Logic App for Google Kubernetes Engine helps you monitor activity in Google Kubernetes Engine, providing node-level and pod-level monitoring information. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into Kubernetes events, errors and activity; pod scheduling; created and killed resources; and severity messages.
- The Sumo Logic App for Google Cloud Storage helps you monitor activity in Google Cloud Storage. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into request locations, bucket and object operations, user activities, errors, and bucket statistics.
- The Sumo Logic App for Google Cloud Functions helps you monitor your usage of Google Cloud Functions. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into function executions, operations, latency, errors, and failures.
The Sumo Logic App for Google Compute Engine helps you monitor your infrastructure by providing preconfigured dashboards that allow you to view the activities, users, message severity of your Google Compute Engine infrastructure.
The Sumo Logic App for Google Cloud SQL helps you monitor your usage of Google Cloud SQL. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into created and deleted resources, messages, authorization failures, user activities, and error logs.
March 27, 2018
Autocomplete Dashboard Filters
New Feature - Autocomplete for dashboard filters is now here. Select your Sumo Logic metadata or parsed field from the filters list and start typing in the field you want. Autocomplete will suggest available options in an alphabetized list.
New Feature - SAML Required Option. As an administrator, you can now prevent users from accessing Sumo Logic with a password by requiring SAML Sign In for all but a few whitelisted users from the SAML page, or none if you so choose.
TLS 1.2 Requirement Reminder for Collectors
Deprecation - As of May 1, 2018, to keep up with industry standard best practices and ensure the security of our customer data, we will only support TLS version 1.2. All Sumo collector agents must be to upgraded to version 19.155-X or higher while running JRE 7+.
New Operator - The topk operator is an improved top operator that allows you to select the top values from fields and group them by fields. It can replace the top operator and adds the ability to choose the top of top. If you are using top, we recommend switching to topk for all your queries so that you can take advantage of the additional functionality of topk.
March 16, 2018
Update - Quotas daily quota for throttling has increased. Throttling is in place to protect both our customers and Sumo Logic from sudden and unexpectedly large increases in volume, which could result in your account using On-Demand Capacity, as well as ingest performance problems on the service side.
The multiplier for the per day average ingestion total varies based on the account size, and has increased to reflect average usage among our customers.
|Account Size - Daily Average||Multiplier|
|Less than 100GB per day.||10x|
|Between 100-256GB per day.||8x|
|Between 256-512GB per day.||6x|
|More than 512GB per day.||4x|
March 13, 2018
New Operator - There’s a new operator that lets you create a short, easy-to-remember name for your dashboard URL, called the tourl operator. With it you can create URL names that are short and relevant to your dashboard or prepend names to columns and call them by that name.
No Impact with SAML Vulnerabilities - We've had questions on whether Sumo Logic is vulnerable to any of the following SAML vulnerabilities and we are not:
CVE-2017-11427 - OneLogin’s "python-saml"
CVE-2017-11428 - OneLogin’s "ruby-saml"
CVE-2017-11429 - Clever’s "saml2-js"
CVE-2017-11430 - "OmniAuth-SAML"
CVE-2018-0489 - Shibboleth openSAML C++
We do use opensaml Java, but that was not listed as affected even though the C++ version was listed in the article.
Our Security team performed a manual test and our service handled the XML comment the right way so that it did not truncate the username, which shows that our implementation is NOT affected.
February 23, 2018
Three apps were updated today.
- An updated version of the Sumo Logic App for Fastly was released today.
The new version supports Fastly's Web Application Firewall (WAF) security service, which allows you to detect malicious request traffic and log or log and block that traffic before it reaches your web application. There are three new dashboards: WAF Overview, WAF - Offenders, and WAF - OWASP.
- An updated version of the Sumo Logic App for MySQL was released today.
The update provides a new dashboard: MySQL Failed Logins.
- An updated version of the Data Volume app was released today.
The update provides a new dashboard, Log Spikes. In addition, new panels that present metric ingest in Data Points per Minute (DPM) were added to the Overview and Metrics dashboards.
February 20, 2018
A new app was released today.
- Sumo Logic App for Kubernetes allows you to monitor Kubernetes deployments that are self-managed by open source tools such as Kops. The preconfigured dashboards present resource-related metrics at the Kubernetes pod, cluster, and namespace level; and provide operational insight into Kubernetes components, including nodes, the API Server, the Controller Manager, the Kube System, and the Scheduler. For more information, see Kubernetes.
February 6, 2018
In addition to bug fixes, we've released sorting time series by Avg, Min, Max in the Legend tab for Metrics, relative time ranges for when you want your source to begin collecting data, and you can now generate access keys from the Security tab.
- New - Want a little help sorting your time series? The Metrics Legends tab now displays the Avg, Min, and Max for a time series over the selected time range and you can sort by these columns.
- Update - You can now set a relative time range for minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months your sources in the Collection should begin option. Enter a relative time expression, for example -1h, and it will begin collection one hour in the past.
- Update - It’s a small change but very convenient. You can now set up your access keys from the Security tab. Just click the plus icon (+), name your key, and click Generate Key.
January 29, 2018
Update - The MySQL app was updated today to improve performance and provide bug fixes. The dashboards and searches remain unchanged.
January 26, 2018
Four new apps were released today.
- The Sumo app for Google App Engine is now available. The app helps you monitor the activities in App Engine. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into requests, applications, HTTP status codes, latency, and response time.
- The Sumo app for Google Cloud Audit is now available. The app meets audit and compliance needs by enabling you to monitor activities and track the actions of administrators in your Google Cloud Platform projects. The preconfigured dashboards provide insight into the network, security, operations, and users of your Google Cloud Platform projects.
- The Sumo app for Google Cloud IAM is now available. The app gives you visibility into the activities in Cloud IAM. The preconfigured dashboards allow you to monitor the IAM project activities, operations, role activities, and policy changes.
- The Sumo app for Google Cloud VPC is now available. The app gives you visibility into activities, traffic, and VPC flows. The preconfigured dashboards provide details on VPC flows, source and destination IP addresses, ports, protocols, and messages.
January 23, 2018
Bug fixes were released today.
Bug Fix - Some dashboards were opening in Live Mode instead of Edit mode by default. This has been fixed and all dashboards open in Edit mode by default.
Bug Fix - Some dashboards were not responding after selecting Open in a New Browser Tab. This has been fixed.
- Bug Fix - When you click Update Dashboard from a metrics query, it now opens the dashboard tab by default and doesn’t stay on the metrics query page.
- Bug Fix - Aggregation tables were sometimes displaying instead of charts. Chart display errors have been fixed and charts now display consistently.
January 18, 2018
The Sumo App for Amazon SES is now available. The app provides operational insight into Amazon Simple Email Service. The app includes dashboards that allow you to view information about bounced notifications, delivered notifications, and CloudTrail events.
January 9, 2018
- Deprecated - We are officially releasing the new UI, and that means we’re going to deprecate support for Firefox 25. The new UI supports Firefox 41 and higher.
- Deprecated - We’re moving on to TLS 1.1+ for the Live Tail command line. Like the rest of the product, we’re no longer supporting TLS 1.0.
- Bug Fix -Sankey charts can now handle camel-cased fromState and toState field names. We now make these fields lower case on the backend to get consistent results for you.
- New - Self-Service account upgrades are now available for Australian and Asia Pacific customers.
- New - Our New UI is officially released. We will be deprecating our seven-year-old Classic UI and moving on to the New UI. For details on how your navigation will change with the new UI, check out our Navigation Cheat Sheet.
January 8, 2018
A new collection endpoint,
https://endpoint3.collection.us2.sumologic.comwas added in the US2 environment.
January 3, 2018
- New Beta App - Imperva - Incapsula Web Application Firewall is now available. It helps you monitor your web application protection service. The pre-configured dashboards provide insights on the threat alerts events.