To set your Message tab preferences, click the preferences "gear" icon:
To set Messages tab preferences:
- In the Messages tab, click the preferences icon.
- Set any of the following:
- Show Metadata Fields. When selected, metadata field names are displayed below each log message:
- Wrap Message Text. When selected, messages are wrapped to fit the browser window. If deselected you'll need to scroll to the right to read the full text of a message,
- Dictionary Term Highlighting. When selected, default Sumo Logic dictionary terms (such as error and exception) are displayed in red text:
- Columns. By default, the Number, Message Time, Full Message Text, and Parsed Fields columns are displayed. If you'd like to remove one or more columns, deselect the column name.
- Recent Messages First / Oldest Messages First. By default, Recent Messages First is selected, but if you'd prefer to view oldest log messages at the top of the Messages pane, select Oldest Messages First.
- Change Page Size. The default is to show 25 log lines in the Messages tab. To change this number, select 15 or 50 log lines.
Export (Display Fields)/Export (All Fields). To learn how to use the Export Results option, see Export Search Results.
Show Signatures. Open a window to display signatures.
- Click Save as Default View to retain the settings.