In the Library, you can export content as JSON, including whole folders with subfolders, saved searches, and Dashboards. Then you can import the content as JSON into the Personal folder in the same Sumo Logic organization. (All content names must be unique.) You can also export and download your content as a JSON file to import it into another Sumo Logic organization.
- Scheduled Searches, Recent Searches, Favorites, Scheduled Views, Partitions, Field Extraction Rules and lookups are not supported.
- For content that is Published, only the content is imported, not the Published state. You can publish it again as necessary.
- Content may only be imported into the root of the Personal folder. From there you can move it into another folder to organize your content.
- All content names must be unique within a Sumo Logic organization.
- Only error free JSON will import successfully.
- Import is limited to 1000 objects at a time.
- For IE 11, in the Export Content dialog, the Download button is not available, due to the default IE 11 security configuration, which blocks this kind of download.
Export Content in the Library
- In the Library, do either:
- To export a saved search or dashboard, navigate to it, click the details icon for that item, and select Export.
- To export a whole folder (with any subfolders), click the details icon for that folder select Export.
- In the Export Item dialog, do either:
- Click Copy to send it to the clipboard.
- Click Download to download the content as a JSON file.
- Click DONE to close the window.
Import Content in the Library
To import content into the same Sumo Logic organization that you exported it from, you must change the name of the content item. Or you can import it into a different organization using the JSON file you downloaded in the previous step.
- From your Personal folder in the Library, click the details icon.
- Select Import.
- In the Content Import dialog, for Name, enter a unique name for the content. (If you are importing this content into a different Sumo Logic organization that does not already use this name, you can keep it the same.) For this saved search, we changed the name to append it with IMPORT.
- Paste the JSON you copied from the JSON dialog to the clipboard, or from the JSON file you downloaded.
- Click Import. The Import button is only available if you have pasted in a valid JSON.
- Your imported content is listed in the Personal folder.
From the root in the Personal folder, you can move content to organize it in another folder in the Library.