Install the Sumo Logic App
Now that you have set up collection for Auth0, install the Sumo Logic App for Auth0 to use the preconfigured searches and Dashboards that provide insight into your data.
To install the app:
- Select App Catalog, search for and select the app, and click Add to Library. (In the classic UI, click Library, click Apps, select the app, and click Install. If you don't find the app under Apps, it might be a preview app. Try clicking Preview to find the app.)
- Click Preview Dashboards if you'd like to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing.
- In the Install Application dialog box, select the installation path (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Select either of these options for the log data source.
- Choose Select from Existing Source Categories, and select the source catalog from the Source Category list.
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. Example: (
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization. See Welcome to the New Library for information on working with the library in the new UI.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each Panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the Panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
Auth0 - Overview
Login Event by Location. Performs a geo lookup operation and displays user logins based on IP address on a map of the world for the last 24 hours.
Logins per Hour. Displays a line chart on a timeline showing the number of failed and successful logins per hour, over the last seven days.
Top 10 Users by Successful Login. Shows a table chart with the top ten users with the most successful logins, including user name and count for the last 24 hours.
Top 10 Users by Failed Login. Provides a table chart with the top ten users with the most failed logins, including user name and count for the last 24 hours.
Top 10 Source IPs by Failed Login. Displays a table chart with a list of ten source IP addresses causing the most failed logins, including IP and count, for the last 24 hours.
Top 10 User Agents. Displays the top ten most popular user agents in a pie chart from all connections for the last seven days.
Top 10 Operating Systems. Shows the top ten most popular operating systems based on user agent in a pie chart for the last seven days.
Guardian MFA Activity. Displays a line chart on a timeline showing the number of each Guardian MFA event per hour for the last seven days.
Auth0 - Connections and Clients
Logins by Client and Country. Displays a stacked bar chart showing the number of successful logins for the last 24 hours, grouped by both client and country name. This visualizes the relative popularity of each client overall, as well as in a given country.
Logins by Client per Day. Shows a stacked bar chart on a timeline showing the number of successful logins for the last seven days, grouped by client per day. This shows the popularity of each client over the past week, and the relative popularity among clients.
Connection Types per Hour. Provides a line chart on a timeline of the connection types used for the past seven days.
Client Version Usage. Displays a line chart on a timeline of the Auth0 library version being used by all clients for the past seven days. This is useful to detect outdated clients, as well as to track upgrades.
Top 10 Clients. Shows a table chart that lists the ten most popular clients, including client name and count for the past 24 hours.
Top 10 Recent Errors. Provides a table chart with a list of the ten most frequent errors, including details on client name, connection, description and count for the last 24 hours. This is useful for discovering and troubleshooting operational issues.