Install the Sumo Logic App
Now that you have configured CloudPassage Halo, install the Sumo Logic App for CloudPassage Halo to take advantage of the preconfigured searches and dashboards to analyze your data.
To install the app:
- Select App Catalog, search for and select the app, and click Add to Library. (In the classic UI, click Library, click Apps, select the app, and click Install. If you don't find the app under Apps, it might be a preview app. Try clicking Preview to find the app.)
- Click Preview Dashboards if you'd like to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing.
- In the Install Application dialog box, select the installation path (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Select either of these options for the log data source.
- Choose Select from Existing Source Categories, and select the source catalog from the Source Category list.
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. Example: (
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization. See Welcome to the New Library for information on working with the library in the new UI.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each Panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the Panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
CloudPassage Halo - Overview
View counts of key information for you system as well as top and bottom 10 processes for Linux, top and bottom 10 services for Windows, and top and bottom 10 software vulnerabilities found by CloudPassage Halo.
- Critical Issues / Non-Critical Issues. Number of critical and non-critical issues (Single Number Panel with 15min time range).
- Severity(Active) Count. Number of active workloads (Single Number Panel with 15min time range)
- Number of OS Types. Number of OS types found from each and every workloads managed by Halo (Single Number Panel with 15min time range)
- Number of Processes. Number of processes found from each and every workloads managed by Halo (Single Number Panel with 15min time range)
- Number of User Accounts. Number of user accounts found from each and every workloads managed by Halo (Single Number Panel with 15min time range.
- Number of SWs. Number of SW packages found from each and every workloads managed by Halo (Single Number Panel with 15min time range)
- Halo Related Security Events and Metrics. This is a line graphs for Halo related events and metrics from the account (Line graph with running average with 24hrs time range)
- Top 10 Linux Processes / Bottom 10 Linux Processes. Top & Bottom 10 Linux processes found from the workloads managed by Halo (Table panel with 7min time range)
- Top 10 Windows Services / Bottom 10 Windows Services. Top & Bottom 10 Windows services found from the workloads managed by Halo (Table panel with 7min time range
- Top 10 SW Vulnerabilities / Bottom 10 SW Vulnerabilities. Top & Bottom 10 software vulnerabilities found from the workloads managed by Halo (Table panel with 7min time range)
CloudPassage - Critical Events
View critical issues for the last 24 hours, outliers for the critical issues threshold during that time, and compare today's critical issues and outliers with the previous day.
- Critical Issues Over Time. View a count of critical issues over the last 24 hours, timesliced by every 5 minutes.
- Critical Issues Outlier. View outliers outside the established threshold for critical issues over the last 24 hours, timesliced by every 5 minutes.
- Outlier on Delta (today - yesterday) of Critical Issues. View the outlier difference between the count of issues today and yesterday