Install the Sumo Logic App
Now that you have configured Evident.io ESP, install the Sumo Logic App for Evident.io ESP to take advantage of the preconfigured searches and dashboards to analyze your data.
To install the app:
- Select App Catalog, search for and select the app, and click Add to Library. (In the classic UI, click Library, click Apps, select the app, and click Install. If you don't find the app under Apps, it might be a preview app. Try clicking Preview to find the app.)
- Click Preview Dashboards if you'd like to see a preview of the dashboards included with the app before installing.
- In the Install Application dialog box, select the installation path (the default is the Personal folder in the library), or click New Folder to add a new folder.
- Select either of these options for the log data source.
- Choose Select from Existing Source Categories, and select the source catalog from the Source Category list.
- Choose Enter a Custom Data Filter and enter a custom source category beginning with an underscore. Example: (
- Click Add to Library.
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder, or other folder that you specified. From here, you can share it with your organization. See Welcome to the New Library for information on working with the library in the new UI.
Panels will start to fill automatically. It's important to note that each Panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the Panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.
Evident.io ESP - Overview
New Risks. Displays the number of new risks in a single value chart over the previous 24 hours.
New Risks by Severity. Shows the severity of new risks in a stacked column chart on a timeline for the last 24 hours.
New High Severity Risks. Provides details on the new high severity risks in a table chart over the last 24 hours.
Alerts by Status. Provides details on the number and status of new alerts over the last 24 hours in a column chart
Resolved Risks. Shows which risks have been resolved over the last 24 hours in a table chart.
Total Risks over Time. Shows a trendline of all alerts over the last 14 days in a stacked area chart.
Evident.io ESP - Detailed Risks
Total Risks. Shows the number of total risks in a single value chart over the last 24 hours
New Risks. Displays the number of new risks for the last 24 hours in a single value chart.
Unresolved Risks. Displays the number of unresolved risks reported over the last 24 hours in a single value chart.
Risks by Region. Displays the total number of risks by region over the last 24 hours in a donut chart.
Risks by Signature. Provides details on risks by signature name and identifier over the last 24 hours in a table chart.
Risks by Account. Displays the total number of risks by account name over the last 24 hours in a column chart.