The Sumo Logic App for Nginx provides searches and Dashboards that monitor log events generated by Nginx servers. Events in Dashboards are divided into the following categories:
- Deployment overview. Get an overall look at the activity of the sites running on Nginx servers.
- Visitor locations. Know at a glance where your visitors originate.
- Visitor access types. Gather insights on the devices and operating systems visitors are using to access your sites.
- Visitor traffic information. Find out which external sites are referring your visitors. Additionally, you can quickly view the amount and types of media being served up to visitors.
- Web server ops. Learn more about the errors generated from your Nginx servers.
The Sumo Logic App for Nginx assumes the NCSA extended/combined log file format for Access logs and the default Nginx error log file format for error logs.
All Dashboards (except the Web Server Operations dashboard) assume the Access log format. The Web Server Operations Dashboard assumes both Access and Error log formats, so as to correlate information between the two.
For more details on Nginx logs, see http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_log_module.html.