The Sumo Logic App for VMware allows you to:
- Collect and centralize logs from the entire VMware infrastructure, including ESX/ESXi, vCenter Server, and individual virtual machines as well as operating system and applications running ESXi, vCenter Server, and individual virtual machines as well as operating system and applications running within the virtual machine.
- Troubleshoot VMware farms and find issues related to over-provisioning VMs, "noisy neighbors", changes to configuration, and VM movement.
- Monitor the entire VMware infrastructure through real-time Dashboards that provide insight into key metrics such as VM CPU, memory and disk utilization. Determine capacity constrained and under-provisioned physical hosts and idle VMs to improve deployment strategy and optimize cost.
The Sumo Logic App for VMware collects logs from vCenter Servers to analyze vCenter Server Events and Performance Data in real time to enable monitoring and detect important events within your virtual environment.
The Sumo Logic App for VMware works with vCenter and vSphere 5.0, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 5.5, and 6.0.
- For vCenter and vSpherevMA 5.0 or its dot releases, use vMA 5.0, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124.
- For vMA version 5.1, use the vMA 5.1 Patch 1, found here:
- For vCenter and vSphere 5.5, use vMA 5.5.
- For vCenter and vSphere 6.0, use vMA 6.0.
Because vSphere CLI 5.1 has known issues with resxtop and SSL certifications, be sure to use vMA 5.1 Patch 1 (126.96.36.199). (The known issues in 5.1 are documented in the Release Notes.)
Sumo Logic Scripts for VMware
The Sumo Logic scripts required to work with the app are located here:
- vSphere5.0.zip (MD5: b2a9da81125066bc4d81c1fd6153a926)
- vSphere5.5.zip (MD5: eb643b01f217ceec20e1a2fb1c285fa4)
NOTE: For vMA 6.0, use the script package for vSphere 5.5.
Make sure to download the package for your version of vMA and vCenter.