One of my Syslog Sources is listening on a IPv6 address. I am unable to configure my endpoints to send messages to this address. How do I force it to use IPv4 instead?
To force the JVM to default to IPV4, you can add an optional Java parameter to the Wrapper configuration file:
- Open /Sumo Logic Collector/config/wrapper.conf ~ line 69, under # Java Additional Parameters.
- Add the following line:
- To restart the collector, use: ./collector restart.
Alternatively, you can turn off IPv6 completely using these steps:
- Use the following command to access the file:
sudo gedit /etc/sysctl.conf
- Add the following lines to the end of the file:
# IPv6 disabled net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
3. Run this command to reload sysctl settings. It will apply the changes immediately: