To install the app:
- In the Library, click the Apps tab.
- Click MySQL.
- Click Install.
- In the Install Application dialog box, do one of the following for Data Source Mapping:
- Custom data filter. The MySQL App analyzes both MySQL Slow Query logs and MySQL Error logs. It is recommended that you use a custom data filter that selects both Slow Query and Error log data using parenthesis, such as:
(_sourceCategory=MySQL/SlowQuery OR _sourceCategory=MySQL/Error)
- Select from _sourceCategory values. Choose an existing _sourceCategory present in your account used for MySQL, such as MySQL/SlowQuery or MySQL/Error.
- To analyze only MySQL Error logs, choose a source category that matches the MySQL Error logs. Please note, some dashboard monitors and searches that are based on slow query logs will not work.
- To monitor only MySQL Slow Query logs, choose a source category that matches the MySQL Slow Query logs. Please note, some dashboard monitors and searches that are based on Error logs will not work.
Important: If you do not select the correct _sourceCategory, data will not be loaded into the app. If you don't know which _sourceCategory to select, ask the administrator who configured the Source.
- For Folder, choose either the Personal folder or a subfolder in the Personal folder. (Click the blue + to create a new subfolder).
- Click Install.
- When the Confirm dialog displays, click Go to navigate to the installed app.
After the Install
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder. From here, you can publish it to share it with your organization.
Panels will start and fill automatically. It's important to note that each Panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the Panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.