To install the app:
- In the Library, click Apps tab.
- Click Nginx.
- Click Install.
- In the Install Application dialog box, do one of the following for Data Source Mapping:
- Select from _sourceCategory values. Choose an existing _sourceCategory present in your account used for the Nginx Source, such as Nginx/Access or Apache/Access.
- To analyze only Nginx Access logs, choose a source category that matches the Nginx Access logs. A majority of searches and Dashboards in this application are written for Nginx Access logs, so some Dashboard Panels and searches that are based on error logs will not work.
- To monitor only Nginx error logs, choose a source category that matches the Nginx error logs. The majority of searches and Dashboards in this application are written for Nginx Access logs, so most Dashboard Panels and searches that are based on Access logs will not work.
- Important: If you do not select the correct _sourceCategory, data will not be loaded into the app. If you don't know which _sourceCategory to select, ask the administrator who configured the Source.
- Custom data filter. To set up a specific data filter, type the keyword(s) you'd like to use to filter the data. If you want to analyze both Nginx Access logs and error logs, please use a custom data filter that selects both Access and error log data.
- For Folder, choose either the Personal folder or a subfolder in the Personal folder. (Click the blue + to create a new subfolder).
- Click Install.
- When the Confirm dialog displays, click Go to navigate to the installed app.
After the Install
Once an app is installed, it will appear in your Personal folder. From here, you can publish it to share it with your organization.
Panels will start and fill automatically. It's important to note that each Panel slowly fills with data matching the time range query and received since the Panel was created. Results won't immediately be available, but with a bit of time, you'll see full graphs and maps.