To confirm you have the required access and connectivity to the Sumo Logic service, there are a couple of checks you can do from the machine where you want to install a Collector.
To check connectivity, try one of these two options:
- Open a browser and go to https://collectors.sumologic.com. You should see the word "Tweep".
- Try opening a Telnet session to collectors.sumologic.com 443.
Look for a result similar to the following.
$telnet collectors.sumologic.com 443 Trying collectors.sumologic.com... Connected to prod-events-lb-1056629993.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com.
If results show a failure to connect, check your firewall settings to verify that connectivity is allowed for collection endpoints. Refer to Sumo Logic Endpoints for firewall related suggestions.
If the Windows firewall is enabled, create an outbound rule to allow outbound Collector connections, and then try again.
To create a new outbound rule for the Windows firewall:
- Go to Administrative Tools > Firewall Settings.
- Click New Rule.
- Select Port for the type of rule, and then click Next.
- Enter 443 for the port, and then click Next.
- Select Allow for the connection and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate Profile for your environment. Leave all three options checked (recommended): Domain, Public, and Private, and then click Next.
- Enter a name and a description for your new rule, and then click Finish.