An HTTP Source is an endpoint for receiving a file (or a batch of files) uploaded via a unique URL generated for the Source. The URL securely encodes the Collector and Source information. You can add as many HTTP Sources as you'd like to a single Hosted Collector.
The Setup Wizard guides you through the following steps.
To collect streaming data from HTTP:
- Click HTTP Source.
- A Source Category, which will help you search your logs later, is filled automatically. You can edit the name if you like.
- Select a time zone for your log file:
- Use time zone from log file. If none present use: Select the time zone you want to use.
- Ignore time zone from log file and instead use: Select the time zone you want to use.
- Click Continue.
- An HTTP Source is configured. Use the resulting URL as the target for your Source so you can use it to send files. Click Copy to copy the URL.
- Use the URL as the target for your Source and use it to collect logs. For more information, see HTTP Source.
- Optional: Click View cURL example. One way to send your logs to Sumo Logic with this URL is to use a cURL command. Enter the path to your logs into the Path field. This inserts the path into the cURL command. Then copy and paste either command option into your terminal.
- Click Continue.
Data begins to collect. This process usually takes a few minutes to finish, but it could take up to 15 minutes depending on your dataset.
While the data type is being configured, the Setup Wizard provides a progress bar, and at this point, you can either add more data or go to the Sumo Logic Web Application. If you leave the wizard and go to the Sumo Logic Web Application, a progress bar is displayed in the main navigation bar to let you know when the configuration is finished.
When the Finish page displays, you can:
- Add More Data. Click to return to the Setup Wizard to configure more sources.
- Start Searching My Logs. When your data is ready, to go to the Search page and view the results of the search configured for your file. In a separate search tab, you can view the High Priority Keyword search, which displays results if your data contains "error", "fail", or "exception" keywords.
- Dashboards. After your search is launched, you will be notified when your Sumo Logic App Dashboards are ready to use. All Dashboards are launched in Live Mode for Setup Wizard users.
- You can also watch videos and tutorials to learn how to use Sumo Logic.
Click Go Back to return to the main Setup Wizard screen.
Click Exit Setup Wizard to exit.