You can view and download a JSON configuration file for a Collector or Source from Sumo Logic:
- Collectors - the JSON file defines the set of Sources on the selected Collector.
- Sources - the JSON file defines a single Source to use when managing a folder of multiple Sources or when uploading a new Source using the API.
Downloading the configuration allows you to create scripts to configure multiple Collectors and Sources or to create configuration backups. See Local Configuration File Management for Existing Collectors and Sources for information on using downloaded configuration files.
To view and download a JSON configuration file:
- In Sumo Logic select Manage > Collection > Collection (Manage > Collection in the classic UI).
- Click the icon to the right of the Collector or Source.
A dialog box opens to display the JSON configuration.
- Click Copy to copy the JSON code to your clipboard. (If you use Safari as your browser, there is no direct copy option. You must select all of the text manually, then use the browser copy option to copy to the clipboard.)
- Open a text editor and paste the JSON code into the file, where you can modify it as needed.
- Name the file sources.json, or another name that makes sense, and save the file to an accessible location.