- Single core, 512MB RAM
- 8GB disk space
The minimum memory requirement for an installed collector is 128MB, but depending on the OS running on the machine, and whether the machine is 32 bit or 64 bit, a collector may require a significantly higher amount of memory. In particular, if you are using centralized collection, additional memory is required. It's a good idea to have 256MB to 512MB available in case it's needed.
Each collector outputs logs in the /InstallationDirectory/logs/ directory. The log file that provides the most information about memory issues is named collector.log. You can review the log for any memory errors.
Supported Operating Systems
- Vista, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Server 2008, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Server 2008 R2, 64 bit
- Windows 8, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Server 2012, 64 bit
- Windows 8.1, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Server 2012 R2, 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Server 2016, 64 bit
- Linux, major distributions, 32 bit or 64 bit
- Linux Collectors installed with the Setup Wizard only support 64-bit systems.
- MacOS 10.X
- Generic Unix capable of running Java 1.8