The Preferences page contains settings that apply just to your account. Options on this page don't affect any other users in your organization. Find this page in the menu under your account name in the left nav of the Sumo Logic Web Application.
Under My Profile, the following information is displayed:
My Security Settings
You can enable 2-Step Verification and view backup codes here.
To set up 2-Step Verification you will need to install a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) application which will automatically generate an authentication code that changes after a certain period of time.
My Access Keys
Administrators can generate, activate, and delete Access Keys used to register Collectors with Sumo Logic. For more information see Access Keys.
Preference settings are only changed for your personal account; they don't affect any other users in your organization. Any changes you make to your preferences take effect the next time you sign in, not during the current session.
- Default Timezone. If you want the Sumo Logic user interface to use your local time zone, or a time zone different from the time zone used in the timestamp of your log messages, change the setting here. This is a personal setting, and does not change the time zone for anyone else in your organization. This option overrides the timezone set in your web browser, and affects all hours and minutes displayed in the user interface, including time ranges on the Search page, the Time column in the Messages pane, in Dashboards, and in Anomaly Detection. It does not affect the configurations of previously created Scheduled Searches or Real Time Alerts. For more information, see Timestamps, Time Zones, Time Ranges, and Date Formats.
- Always show the timezone offset in displayed timestamps. This setting is on by default. To not show the timezone offset in displayed timestamps, deactivate this check box.
- Date Format: Select from the following international date format options:
- Use the browser's default date format.
- MM/DD/YYYY (04/22/2015)
- DD/MM/YYYY (22/04/2015
- YYYY/MM/DD (2015/04/22)
- Web session timeout. Choose an option to set the length of time before your Sumo Logic session times out. Options include 5 minutes to 7 days. For information on web session timeouts and Multi-account Access, see Multi-account Access.
- Enable keyboard shortcuts. Web Application and Library keyboard shortcuts are enabled by default. (Press ? to see the list of shortcuts.) To disable keyboard shortcuts, for example, if they conflict with an international keyboard, deselect the check box.
- Automatically run the search after selecting it from a list of saved searches. Keep this option selected if you'd like to run a saved search as soon as you select it. Deselect the option if you'd like to start the search manually.
- Show confirmation dialog when closing a search tab. On the Search page, if you want to be prompted with a confirmation dialog before you can close a search tab, select this check box.
- Automatically open the search autocomplete dialog when editing. (Use <Esc> or <Alt> <Space> to open it manually). Keep this option selected if you'd like to open the search autocomplete dialog when you are editing a query. Deselect the option to disable the search autocomplete dialog.
- On login, reopen the tabs from your previous session. If you want to reopen the tabs from your previous session when you login to a new session, select this checkbox.
- Log Search Query editing. Select one of the following options:
- <Enter> runs the query, <Alt> <Enter> creates a new line.
- <Alt> <Enter> runs the query, <Enter> creates a new line.
If you have changed any settings, click Save.