You can sign up for Sumo Logic via the AWS Marketplace. This creates a new Sumo Logic organization and account, and allows you to pay your bill using your Amazon account.
All you need to sign up is a company email address (no Google or Yahoo accounts, please) and your location: North America, Europe, or Australia.
Select the plan that fits your usage requirements. The first 30 days are free of charge. All Sumo Logic features are supported for your Account Type, based on your subscription plan.
- An account that is within its limits is defined as using Reserved Capacity.
- An account that is over its limits is defined as using On-Demand Capacity.
Each day you will be billed for your plan’s daily ingest data volume. For example if your plan is Professional - 10GB/Day, your daily Reserved ingest is 10GB. Each day you can burst over the Reserved Capacity or ingest a lower amount, and at the end of the billing cycle, Sumo Logic computes the total amount for the actual usage during this time. If your actual usage exceeds the total Reserved Capacity for the billing cycle, you will be changed for usage for this difference at the On-Demand Capacity rate.
The total Reserved Capacity (usage) is (the actual number of days in the billing cycle) X (plan daily ingest volume).
For example, for 10GB/Day:
- If the billing cycle is 30 days, the Reserved Capacity is 300GB.
- If the billing cycle is 31 days, the Reserved Capacity is 310GB.
- Because signing up via AWS Marketplace creates a new Sumo Logic organization, this option is not available for customers with existing accounts.
- Personal email addresses such as Gmail or Yahoo are not supported.
Sign up via AWS Marketplace
- Sign in to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/ and search for Sumo Logic.
- Select Sumo Logic.
- Click Continue.
- Click Subscribe.
- Click Set Up Your Account.
- You are redirected to Sumo Logic.
- Email. Enter an email for your account. (If you have an existing Sumo Logic account, use a different email address. Signing up through AWS Marketplace will create a new Sumo Logic organization.)
- Plan. Select the plan that is right for your requirements.
- Region. Select your region: North America, Europe, or Australia.
- Review the agreement, then activate the check box I agree to the Service License Agreement.
- Click Sign Up.
Sumo Logic sends you an email to activate your account, and the Sumo Logic Setup Wizard is displayed.
Activate Your Account
Activate your account using the email from Sumo Logic. (If you don't see it in your inbox, check your Spam folder.)
- Go to your email and find the email that was sent from Sumo Logic.
- Click Activate Now.
- Fill out the Activate Your Account form.
- Click Activate.
In a few minutes, your account is activated, and the Sumo Logic Setup Wizard displays in a new tab.
Cancel your Account via AWS Marketplace
- Sign in to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/ and go to your account.
- Go to Manage your software subscriptions.
- Select Sumo Logic.
- Click Cancel subscription.
Your subscription is canceled immediately.
Upgrade your Account via AWS Marketplace
If upgrades are allowed for your AWS account, you can upgrade your active account directly from Sumo Logic.
- Payment is handl ed by Amazon, so you don't need to provide any payment information.
- The account upgrade is independent from your AWS subscription. It just increases your reserved Sumo Logic ingest volume, so you are less likely to be subject to overage charges.
- Click Upgrade at the top of the Web Application.
- The Upgrade button is visible if you have an active AWS account for which upgrades are permitted.
- The Select a Plan page opens to show the available plan options. Your current plan on the right.
- Select a Professional or Enterprise plan, and choose a Daily Data Volume option (1GB, 3GB, 5GB, 10GB, or 20GB). The pricing information updates as you choose different options.
- Click Upgrade for the desired plan.
- Click Confirm Upgrade to upgrade to the new plan.
- Click Finish.