The Sumo Logic Setup Wizard provides a fast and easy way to upload log files or configure Collectors and Sources to collect logs.
For this tutorial, we’ll upload the Sample Log File we just downloaded, apache_access.csv.
- If you have not already done so, log in to your Sumo Logic account.
- Go to Manage > Setup Wizard.
- Click Upload Files.
- The Upload Files page displays.
- Under Select Type, select Apache.
- A Source Category name is added automatically. For now, let’s change this to Apache/Access.
- Drag and drop the file apache_access.csv to upload it, or use the Select Files button to browse.
- For time zone, select the default Use time zone from log file. If none present use: UTC.
- Click Continue. In a few minutes, the file will upload.
- When the button becomes available, click Start Searching My Logs.
- The Search page opens, and two tabs are available: High Priority Keywords and Apache. The Setup Wizard has already run these two searches for you, and you can see results in the Messages pane below. It also lets you know that your Dashboards for the Apache App have been created and are available. Go ahead and click Dismiss for now. We will explore Dashboards later.
We’ll come back to the Search page in a minute. Next, let’s set our Sumo Logic account Preferences.