Real Time Alerts are scheduled searches that run nearly continuously. That means that you're informed in real time when error conditions exist.
When an alert condition is satisfied Sumo Logic triggers the selected alert type. Sumo Logic examines ingested data in a rolling window using the Time Range you define. Any time a new result is found, another email is sent.
Real Time Alerts are not duplicated, which means that if a specific raw log message has triggered an alert once already, that same log message will not trigger an alert a second time.
For example, if Message X caused an alert to be sent at Time T, and Sumo Logic detects Message X again at Time T+1, Sumo Logic does not send a second alert at Time T+1. But if Sumo Logic detects Message Y at Time T+1, a new alert is sent, because the root cause is different.
- The time range of a Real Time Alert must be between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Searching by receipt time is not supported.
- A maximum of 120 emails are sent per day per Real Time Alert.
- Real Time Alerts have a limit to the number of results they can send. The maximum number of results sent by search type is as below:
- Aggregate Real Time Alerts can send a maximum of 1,000 results.
- Non-aggregate Real Time Alerts can send a maximum of 100 results.
Some queries cannot be used in Real Time Alert searches. Other operators can be used in Real Time search, but in the search, they must be included after the first "group-by" phrase:
|Not supported for Real Time Alerts||Must be added after a "group by" phrase|