Bar charts are useful for visually comparing the number of events that have occurred, such as the type of error that occurs the most in your system. To create a Bar chart, use a search query that provides at least a few data points in the Aggregates tab.
For example, you could use the following query to create a simple Bar chart:
(error OR fail*) AND exception | count by _sourceCategory | sort by _count
which would produce results such as:
Create a bar chart
To add a panel with a bar chart:
- Create or open a Dashboard (New) and click on Add Panel > Time Series or Add Panel > Categorical.
- Provide a Metric or Log query and press Enter for it to run.
- Once the query runs you’ll need to flip the chart type to Bar.
- Modify the chart as desired.
- Click the Add to Dashboard button on the top right of the window to add the panel to your dashboard.