When you click a section of an active chart in a Data Panel, by default, the Search page is displayed so you can view the query and its results. You can change this behavior and configure the Panel to instead link to (or drill down) and open a different Dashboard. For example, you could link related Dashboards together or allow users to navigate from a Panel that displays overview data to a more detailed Dashboard.
If the Dashboard you have linked to is removed, renamed, or unpublished, the link will no longer function.
To change the Dashboard Link, do the following:
- In the Dashboards page, select the Edit button.
- Click the panel Settings icon.
- In the Settings dialog, click General.
- Under Dashboard Linking, select the check box Enable linked dashboard.
- From the list, select the Dashboard to which you'd like to link.
- Click Save.
Now, when you click an active section of the chart in a Panel, the configured Dashboard is displayed, instead of the Search page.
To see the query in the Search page, click the Panel’s Settings icon and select Show in Search.