This page demonstrates how to change the scale and range of the Y axis for a panel from the Settings dialog.
- You can modify a chart's Y axis to use either a linear or logarithmic scale.
- You can modify the range (default values) for the Y axis, by specifying a Minimum Value and Maximum Value.
To change the scale and range of the Y axis, do the following:
- On the Dashboards page, click the Edit button.
- Click the Panel's Settings icon. The Settings dialog appears with the Chart Type selected.
- In the left menu bar, click Y Axis.
- Under Scale, select one of the following options:
- Linear. (Default) A linear scale on the Y axis represents equal distance and change on a chart. So for example, if grid lines are enabled, a change of three spaces on a line graph may represent an increase of 3MB of data.
- Logarithmic. A logarithmic scale uses an equal distance and percentage change. When graphing values that display over a wide range, change the scale to logarithmic to make the smaller values easier to perceive.
- Under Range, enter a specific Minimum Value and Maximum Value.
- Click Save.