Explore is a navigation tool that provides an intuitive visual hierarchy of your environment. Use Explore to facilitate successful monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting.
To open Explore, do the following:
- Log in to Sumo Logic and click + New on the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Explore.
3. In the Explore By navigation panel, select your desired category (e.g., AWS Observability), then drill down further until you find your desired component which you'd like to explore. Metrics will be displayed/visualized as dashboards. See Application Components View for an example walkthrough.
Explore Dashboard Categories
Explore can be used with Dashboard (New). Stack linking connects Dashboard (New) to Explore so you can view dashboards when exploring infrastructure components. Learn more.
Explore provides an intuitive dashboard framework that mirrors industry-standard AWS hierarchies. You can quickly navigate across multiple AWS accounts and view resources hosted in multiple locations worldwide. From the Explore tab, you can quickly navigate across multiple AWS accounts and view resources hosted in multiple locations worldwide. Learn more.
Explore provides a visual hierarchy of the clusters in your environment that allows you to view and switch between clusters with a single click. Explore, used in conjunction with the Sumo Logic Kubernetes App, allows you to intuitively monitor and troubleshoot issues as they arise. From the Explore tab, you can intuitively filter on four hierarchical views of your Kubernetes system: Node, Deployment, Service, and Namespace. Learn more.
Application Components View
Explore provides a set of dashboards for various components of your application that allow you to review the state of individual parts of your system. You can track errors, performance, and usage of application components, grouped by their type and logical clusters.
- Select the Application Components View category.
- Select an environment (e.g.,
prod). Application Components - Environments Overview will appear on the right.
- Select from the list of that environment's components (e.g.,
databasecomponent). The Application Components - Database System Overview dashboard will appear in the right nav.
- Then choose a specific database (e.g.,
- Then drill down into hierarchy to find specific component entities to view dashboards at more granular levels (e.g.,
- Toggle between various dashboards to get your desired info.
Application Service Views
Explore provides two Service and Application dashboard views accessible through the Explore By menu. This allows you to review tracing data by application (all or grouped) and services by top level and breaking down their health by application. This helps you review the most active operations performed on specified applications and services. See Service Map Traces and Sumo Apps for more info.
Real User Monitoring
Explore allows you to visualize Real User Monitoring (RUM) metrics gathered from tracing instrumentation in the browser. This provides visibility into an actual end-user experience by geographical locations, browser, and operating system types. This also helps you to understand how your customers experience the performance of your web application. Learn more.