This page shows you how to quickly access Explore and navigate your Kubernetes environment. As you navigate, data for your selection is shown in the dashboard on the right. Metric and log data is viewable on the same dashboard in one integrated, seamless view.
Explore is an out-of-the-box Sumo Logic view that you can use to navigate a visual representation of your Kubernetes stack.
To open Explore, do the following:
- Log in to Sumo Logic and click + New on the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Explore.
The Explore navigation panel appears on the left with a collapsed view of your Kubernetes stack.
- If this is your first time using Explore, the window at the right will be empty.
- If you have already installed a Sumo Logic App for Kubernetes, a dashboard displaying data for the selected deployment appears on the right.
- Now you can explore your Kubernetes environment.
Analyzing your Kubernetes environment
Explore provides a framework in which you can view the contents of your Kubernetes clusters and easily navigate your system hierarchy. The navigation panel on the left shows a list of all your clusters with the namespaces, containers, and pods nested underneath each cluster.
To navigate your Kubernetes environment, do the following:
- At the top of the navigation panel, click Explore By to expand the menu and make a selection for the top level hierarchy. The contents of your selection appear below.
- Click the arrow to the left of a content name to view its contents.
- Drill-down into the clusters to view the pods and containers. The data for your selection is displayed in the panels of the dashboard on the right.
- Optional: Select another type of dashboard display from the drop-down menu at the top of the dashboard, and select another time interval.